SAFETY, HEALTH & ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Egoli Gas, a reticulator of Natural Gas within the greater Johannesburg Metropolitan Council, regards the protection of all its employees and stakeholders against the safety, health and environmental hazards associated with its activities, as essential. All its activities will be conducted with due consideration for the needs of all its stakeholders, the community and the environment. Egoli Gas commits to zero harm to all employees and stakeholders and to efficient and sustainable use of natural resources. We also commit to continual improvement of our performance. Egoli Gas will ensure its management system is consistent with national and international standards, that it complies to legislation and other relevant requirements. We undertake to ensure that our management system is developed, documented, implemented and maintained in a manner that is both understood and effective at all levels within our business.
In order to achieve this we commit ourselves to:
• The safety, health and well being of our employees, our customers, contractors and the community at large.
• Identify, assess and manage the health and safety risks to employees, stakeholders, the community and the environment.
• Meet and where appropriate, exceed applicable legislation standards.
• Define our SHE objectives and targets and continually measure and monitor our activities and progress against objectives.
• Lead and develop our employees and stakeholders to achieve our safety objectives.
• Effective communication, supervision and training to ensure all parties are conversant with the hazards associated with our activities and the precautionary measures required.
• Minimize the impact of our operations on the environment through control of pollution, waste hazardous material and the conservation of natural resources.
• Monitor continual improvement against objectives and compliance through a process of internal and external auditing as well as management reviews.
• Play a leading role in promoting best practice amongst our suppliers, contractors and customers.
• Communicate this policy to all employees, contractors and other parties who may request a copy.
• Management periodically reviewing health and safety policies and procedures to ensure their effectiveness and suitability to meet the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act No 85 of 1993, its Regulations and any other applicable legislation.
• Review this policy every two years for relevance, effectiveness and appropriateness.